The New 2022 INFINITI Q60 Trims
Louisiana drivers looking for an affordable luxury coupe should consider the 2022 INFINITI Q60. Finding a performance luxury coupe starting under the $50,000 price range is almost impossible now, which is why the 2022 INFINITI Q60 stands out as a worthy competitor.
The Q60 was tuned to make every drive special with agile handling and explosive acceleration. Each Q60 comes standard with a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged V6 producing 300 horsepower in the Pure and Luxe trim and 400 horses in the Red Sport 400. Now let’s get into these trims.
2022 INFINITI Q60 Pure
This performance coupe was engineered with runaway ambition, so even the base model offers impressive handling and acceleration. The Q60 Pure comes equipped with Infiniti’s Drive Mode Select with various modes for changing throttle input, steering ratios, and transmission shift points with the option to choose between Standard, Sport, Personal, Eco, or Snow modes. In addition, the Pure trim includes hill start assist and Active Trace Control that keeps the vehicle on track during aggressive cornering. The Pure trim also comes with:
- 8-way power driver’s seat for a more comfortable seating position regardless of size and includes manual lumbar support.
- Safety System that has full airbag coverage, anti-lock brakes, tire pressure monitor, rearview monitor, and electronic and stability control.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay that allows Bluetooth connection of an Apple iPhone to the car’s infotainment system. Android Auto is also standard but requires a wire and open USB port.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control that allows the driver and passenger to create separate temperature zones.
- Intelligent Key that allows unlocking the doors and starting the car with only the key fob in your purse or pocket. The fob can also remotely lower the windows.
However, the base Pure has no advanced driver-assist system. Besides a $2,000 all-wheel-drive upgrade, the Q60 Pure has no factory packages or options and offers three paint colors: Pure White, Black Obsidian, and Graphite Shadow.
2022 INFINITI Q60 Luxe
The INFINITI Q60 Luxe trim opens the door to more personalization with more colors, the Essential package, tech extras, and an upgraded interior.
The Q60 Luxe offers a luxury feel with upgraded semi-aniline leather seats; drivers can experience the Essential Package. The package contains a power tilt/telescoping steering column, power-folding outside mirrors with auto-dimming ability, driver’s seat memory for the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors, plus the Advance Climate Control System with a Plasmacluster ion air purification system. In addition the Luxe trim also has:
- Bose audio is a vast improvement over the standard system, with incredible highs and lows and little to no distortion when cranked up.
- Heated steering wheel that quickly warms the steering wheel rim making it more pleasing to grip when the temperature outside reaches sub-freezing levels.
- Power moonroof that allows more light and fresh air into the cabin, although it slightly reduces headroom.
- Standard driver assists with automatic emergency braking, lane departure warning, and rear cross-traffic alert to help keep everyone safe.
Although the Luxe is nearly $10,000 more than the Pure, the standard driver assists and feature upgrades are well worth the added cost, especially if you want your luxury car to act and feel like a luxury car.
2022 INFINITI Q60 Red Sport 400
The Red Sport 400 is the high-performance Q60 variant intended to challenge cars like the BMW M4, Audi S5, and Lexus RC F.
In addition to the extra 100 horsepower, the Q60 Red Sport 400 offers the ProActive Package that includes Direct Adaptive Steering, Lane Departure Prevention to guide you back into your lane, Active Lane Control to keep you centered in your lane, Blind-spot Intervention to monitor your blind spots, and adaptive headlights with auto-leveling. Other features that are also included in the Q60 Red Sport 400 are:
- Adaptive suspension that automatically adjusts to road conditions by adapting the shocks to keep the ride comfortable and the wheels firmly planted on the road.
- Sport seats with additional power adjustments for the lumbar and torso-hugging side bolsters.
- Sport brakes that have larger vented rotors and brake calipers improve stopping power while shortening stopping distance.
- Eco Pedal that increases the force needed to depress the accelerator pedal, helping conserve fuel when additional power isn’t immediately required.
- Available Direct Adaptive Steering that uses sophisticated electronics to deliver a more precise steering feel, such as when driving over uneven pavement or pushing the car quickly through tight turns.
The Luxe trim is worth the cost for the added luxury and driver assistance features over the base Pure model, but if you have the budget and desire for a higher-end performance luxury coupe, consider the Red Sport 400 trim.
New INFINITI Q60 for Sale in Acadiana
Whichever INFINITI Q60 trim you decide on, you can find it at INFINITI of Lafayette. We are proud to offer our large selection of new Infinitis to drivers in Lafayette and surrounding areas in SW Louisiana, so feel free to come down and check out our 2022 INFINITI Q60 inventory and incentives!